Menu

Anyone use Language Lessons for the Very Young or any of this series?

summer

I've been using the Elementary Child Level 2. I like it because the lessons are short and cover a wide variety of grammar/copywork/poetry/creative writing topics. My ds is 11 and has fine motor delay/SPD, so the short lessons without too much handwriting required has really been a help!

HTH,

Carol

It is a good and thorough product in my opinion, we used FLL for dd7 in first grade but will use LLFVY for my youngest. LLFVY is the only one of the series we'll use and we'll move on to Primary Language Lessons in 2nd. Academically it is exactly what I was looking for although there are elements of it I would change (typesetting and format changes) but that does not negate my purpose in using it. :)

We used the first llftvy. We are switching to PLL. IT seemed like most of the book was copywork of poems (ex..here's a poem, you'll be copying it for the next 10 days. That drove me nuts! I appreciate copywork, but it seems like I could find a good poem to copy and I just wanted it for the language arts lessons. So, we're changing to PLL and overall, I think it's a much better program.

Beth