Menu

s/o cruise thread - last minute cruise

Has anyone actually gone on a last minute cruise? Dh and I will be married 10 years in May 2012. We got married on a cruise and want to go on another for our 10th anniversary. I have started looking at them to make our plans, but my mom suggested I look into a last minute cruise to make it more affordable (money is an issue for us). It looks like there are some great deals available, but I am worried about scams or not-very-good cruise lines. Anyone BTDT?

:bigear:

Yes, many times. I am also in FL as I see you are and it is easy for us to just throw together a few things and get to the port. We had a fantastic travel agent and he would call us with any deals two weeks out. We did get some very good deals. Are you aware of the forum cruisecritic.com? They are a very knowledgeable group and I am sure they would be a wealth of information for you.

Best of luck and happy upcoming 10th!

Blessings,

Lisa

We planned a cruise only two weeks out in 2009. It was cheap and we had fun.

We have been on four cruises and it wasn't our favorite one, but it was just an older ship. We could've done a newer ship but we drove to the port and didn't want to drive too far, so we left from a small port. (Jacksonville, FL)

We just called our travel agent and she took care of it for us- she got us better deals than I could find anywhere online!

HAve fun!