Menu

Planning a cruise and have no idea how....help!

Decide where you want to go.

Check out the different cruise lines and pick one. Either go thru them directly or a travel agency.

you can try http://www.iwantacruise.com they will beat anyone else's price!

We went on a Mediterranean cruise a few years back. We purchased our own plane tickets and enjoyed a few days in Rome before the cruise left the port. The cruise lines offer shuttles to and from the ship to the airport. Once on the ship you can sign up for shore tours or go it alone. We did both options depending on which port we were in.

We had a fabulous time!!!!

Belated congrats on your wedding! Where do you want to cruise?

I HIGHLY recommend the Disney Cruise. There will be a lot of kids on the boat of course, but there are tons of things that are adult only, as well as adult only areas of the ship (including pools, hot tubs, bars and lounges and even a restaurant). They will positively spoil you. We did their 11 night Mediterranean cruise last year and it was unbelievable. The service is outstanding, the food amazing and there were enough activities (even on the days at sea) to keep us busy all the time. The cruise the Mediterranean, Mexico, the Caribbean, the Bahamas, Canada and the Northeast, Hawaii and Alaska. I also recommend getting a room with a porthole or balcony.

You can check out the Disney cruise line here. If you have questions, you can call them and they will help you out.

We have friends who cruise 5-6 times a year and they said Disney is their hands down favorite cruise line.

we really enjoyed the Disney Cruise.

At first, we were like, "this is cheesy" but it wasn't long before we were hooked.

It's supposedly one of the nicest cruises out there.

I'd recommend going for the better end cruises rather than a cheapy if you can do it.

Alley

First I'd say figure out how long you want to go for.

Then decide where you want to go. Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii, Alaska, Mediterranean, Tahiti, etc.

The cruises to Bahamas and Caribbean are usually shorter 3 days up to 2 weeks. The places farther would need to be a minimum of 10 days preferably at least 2 weeks.

Then decide on which cruise line has what you want and look at the accommodations and activities they provide on the cruise ship as well as what excursions they offer on land.

If you have it narrowed down to a few cruise lines/locations, start scouring the net for the best price. Check expedia, the cruise line itself, the various cruise sales websites and if you have a travel agent check with them too.

Lastly, pack your bags and have a blast!!!

Congratulations on your nuptials!!!!!

ETA- If you can swing the cost of a balcony room it is so worth every penny! My most favorite memories on our cruise were sitting on the balcony watching the open ocean. You can do this from the deck too, but it's much more peaceful within the comfort of your room. And since this is your honeymoon and all, it's nice to have some privacy after a cup of TeA!!!:D

Edited by sleepymommy