Menu

What book do you wish would be made into a movie?

Oh no! I couldn't imagine watching anyone, other than Megan Follows, as Anne!! I never did watch that final sequel though, since I heard it was so horrid and totally off track. But I really love the others.

I read that Megan Follows didn't like the last one. I thought it was dreadful.

I really hope it's just a rumor too! I think her production company is trying to get its hands on Outlander like they did with Janet Evanovich's One for the Money.

I hope they go for unknown actors or at least use Scottish and British actors. Nothing can ruin a movie faster than a fake accent.

Say what? Ok, I truly love Heigl, but I just cannot see her as Claire. :blink: Perhaps paired with Mathew MaConaughey as Jaime? :eek: :lol:

Please, please, please, please don't let them mess up The Outlander! (crossing fingers, toes, legs, eyes...you name it! Ha!)

Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series.

Ender's Game series

I think both of these are under option, but I'm not holding my breath.

I LOVE the Outlander series!!! I would love to see a movie, but "they" would have to take out so much. I don't know if they could do it right. Right now, I'm just holding my breath till the next book comes out next year!

Loved Ender's Game, too.

Yes! I posted before I saw your comment. Georgette Heyer's books seem to be perfect for mini-series. Which ones would you want?

I would love to see The Talisman Ring or The Reluctant Widow, which both have a hint of spoofiness to them. It's been a while since I read Frederica...I'll have to go see if she's on my shelves and give her another whirl.

I'd want Hollywood to stay away from. They'd only change and ruin it.

Kim

:iagree:I cried when I saw Ella Enchanted the movie :001_huh: :blink: :cursing: :banghead: :crying:

I would love to see many of the previously mentioned books as movies, but no one gets it right. My husband and I watched the Legend of the Guardians: the Owls of Ga Hoole and even never having read them I could tell how much had been taken out. And then I read the plots of the books on Amazon and found out that it "covered" THREE books! I can't imagine being a fan of the books and then have to watch that movie!

Thankfully I saw the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice first, so I can freely love the movie. But my English professor hated it.