Menu

Those who have juggled multiple therapies, any tips?

I think you are very right to make VT the core. In the beginning that was all my son could manage as well. I did do some math and some reading but nothing else.

I only had one in therapy though. Are any of the exercises similar enough they could do them at the same time? Then rotate thru the different ones individually? I would also ask the VT which are most important for each child. I know there were times my son would have difficulty with some exercises, or we had lots of other family things going on(my dd was preemie with special needs and lots of appts herself). The VT told me which ones had to be done daily and which ones could be done every other day or just once per day. That helped me a great deal on time crunch days. The ones we couldn't get to I would do in loop schedule fashion - just pick the ones we didn't do earlier. I would also do VT homework with my son where ever we happened to be if possible. I remember doing some activities in another dr office, in a restaurant while waiting for food...

I kept all of my son's homework in a special notebook. If it was an activity that we had to make copies of (like secades), I did that before coming home and put the date each copy was to be done on that copy. No reusing single copies. I also had a checklist in my teacher daily planner and would check off each activity as we completed it. At one point I had to make a daily folder for my son that I could just grab and take and another bag/folder for any spplies we needed and put that in my purse.

I have been wondering the same thing. I have a 6 year old who has vision problems and we can't do therapy but I have all the home assignments. He also is getting OT so we have that homework. My 5 year old also has VT assignments. And we have a 2 year old with multiple needs that needs therapy homework from 5 therapists!! I can't figure out how to get it in along with my 4th graders regular schoolwork. I know that doesn't help you much, but t least it's a :grouphug: of you're not the only one!