Menu

Help me, help me ... contemplating a huge party (which I've never done b4)

Can you rent some place? We don't have the greatest backyard either, and if I were to do a big shebang, I'd try to find somewhere to rent. Some places have relatively cheap rooms that you can rent. Maybe a Moose lodge? A civic center? That way you won't have the stress of keeping your house to a higher standard while trying to plan a big party.

I get stressed if things are fancy. For ds graduation, we grilled hamburgers, and I got chips, potato salad, veggie trays, a fruit platter with cream cheese dip, iced tea, water, soda and a large cake. Paper plates, throw away utensils and cups, napkins. I think that's it.

I would borrow tables, put throw away table cloths on them, find a way to get chairs or benches (borrow or get cheap stackable chairs). I have found people don't mind casual. The focus is your three special occasions!

I get stressed if things are fancy. For ds graduation, we grilled hamburgers, and I got chips, potato salad, veggie trays, a fruit platter with cream cheese dip, iced tea, water, soda and a large cake. Paper plates, throw away utensils and cups, napkins. I think that's it.

I would borrow tables, put throw away table cloths on them, find a way to get chairs or benches (borrow or get cheap stackable chairs). I have found people don't mind casual. The focus is your three special occasions!

You are right but I think I need a bouncy house. :)

What is big? 20 people or 100?

What ages of guests?

All ages. I am thinking of 4-5 families from our neighborhood, 4-5 families from my dd's hostess group, 4-5 families from my gym, and 4-5 from a past life.

I would like the outside decor to be comfortable and appealing to the eye. I have a 3/4 acre dirt back yard. Actually, I could probably build some jumps for the kids and their bikes or scooters.

What is your budget? How many adults and kids would be attending? I held my oldest dd graduation and youngest dd confirmation party at our church. I had someone in our church cater the event, about 100 people attended the event. If you do it at your house, keep it simple. Anything you can prepare ahead of time, do it. The Dollar Store has lots of the plastic ware that you may need or borrow stuff from friends. Also, if friends offer to bring stuff, let them. I know I stress over this kind of entertaining but remember these are people that like you and your family:001_smile: They will be happy to attend these special celebrations and aren't there to rate your hostess abilities.

What is your budget? How many adults and kids would be attending? I held my oldest dd graduation and youngest dd confirmation party at our church. I had someone in our church cater the event, about 100 people attended the event. If you do it at your house, keep it simple. Anything you can prepare ahead of time, do it. The Dollar Store has lots of the plastic ware that you may need or borrow stuff from friends. Also, if friends offer to bring stuff, let them. I know I stress over this kind of entertaining but remember these are people that like you and your family:001_smile: They will be happy to attend these special celebrations and aren't there to rate your hostess abilities.

You are right, you are right. I haven't prepped a budget. This is just in my mind and I've told NO ONE yet.

• 2 weeks later...