Menu

S?O from Jean's thread..If you became a Christian from another religion...how old....

were you...and how did your family react??

I was raised in a secular Jewish house, but went to Yeshiva's and had mostly Orthodax Jewish friends who I spent all my spare time with....IOW, pretty religious...

I stopped believing when I was 15...went pagan for a little while....became a homeschooler at 28....read my Bible, and was born again. I became a Christian at 29...Dh was raised Catholic but never believed until he became born again about 3 weeks after me....

My family's reaction was..."You are one of THEM? They kill us. :glare:"

My whole family came around and loves me and my kids anyway...maybe more now....Mom and dad have passed on...but it was this Christian girl and those Christian kids who cared for them in their old age and sickness. Mom even came to church with us towards her las few months...:D

So, anyway, if you became a Christian from another religion...how old were you...and how did your family react?

Faithe

My family simply was not religious at all honestly. We didn't incorporate any kind of faith whatsoever. We did go to church on Christmas Eve when I was little sometimes, but it certainly wasn't out of faith but rather cultural tradition. That is the only time I remember stepping foot in a church. All of the bible stories that are very popular, I honestly had never heard any of them until I was older... some of them I didn't hear until I began attending church & people were amazed that it was all new to me. I became a Christian when I was 24. Several years later, both of my parents became Christians and 2 of my sisters did as well. Even before that though, they responded with love. They saw that I was happy, and they were happy for me. My family is very close & we tend to accept each other and meet one another where each person is at in their life.

Susan

My brother and I were in our late teens when we were heard "the whole Truth of the gospel" through audio means. We both had a salvation experience and started praying for our family.

My parents both appreciated what they saw coming out our lives. Shortly after , within the next two yrs, both my parents also "got saved". My Dad was a deacon in a very traditional church and also a closet alcoholic. He had a dramatic change of heart and life!

We all left the demonination we were raised in and faced a lot of very negative treatment from said "religious" family and church.

As was mentioned in another thread. Religion and Christianity (True Faith)are not the same.

My life has never been the same! I could never deny what Christ has done for me!

[NOTE: OOPS. I misread the thread title... please ignore! :)]

My family was 100% supportive, and 100% puzzled about keeping kosher and keeping shabbos (sabbath). I was raised Lutheran, but now my mom is Catholic. My dad stayed Lutheran, but after some ethically disappointing things happened at that particular church, he left it and now mostly goes with my mom to Mass. Hashem/G-d has done wonderful things for me/us since I converted.

Edited by alpidarkomama