Menu

60% off online art lessons (drawing/cartooning) ends Thursday

Tardis Girl

Homeschool Buyers Co-op has this sale on Mark Kistler's 3d drawing lessons -- good for a 3yr online subscription to all 3 areas: Mini-marshmallow lessons (ages 4-7), Online Video Art Academy (100+ video lessons for ages 6-adult), and School of Imagination (3d lessons, not video but still cool).

$40 for a 3-yr family subscription, normally $100. My 5 and 6yo have been doing some of the free "mini-marshmallow" lessons and loving it. My 15yo did some really neat drawings doing the free ones from the School of Imagination portion. Check out the student examples and free sample lessons in each area and see if it's of interest! Considering the price of one series of local art lessons for one child, this is a winner for us.

We have this subscription from HSBC, but only used it twice. I just purchased separate drawing notebooks for the whole family to use for Kistler's lessons. (I hate being such a perfectionist, single pages did not motivate me.) Hopefully we'll be using it much more now!

Erika's drawing is very, very good! Is that in the Mini-Marshmallow lessons?? Just showed Satori, she loved it too. I think we're due to send out a penpal letter to her, I'll try to get that done this week!

Erika's drawing is very, very good! Is that in the Mini-Marshmallow lessons?? Just showed Satori, she loved it too. I think we're due to send out a penpal letter to her, I'll try to get that done this week!

The dragon, horizon, and castle are from a Mini-marshmallow lesson. Erika added the flames, fireman, sun, and path leading to the castle.

For those who haven't seen them, the lessons are totally step-by-step (draw a circle here, a line here, a shadow here...). It's definitely a learn-by-doing approach, but I feel that the lessons do provide knowledge and attitude that can transfer to original artwork. I've seen Erika draw cubes outside of the lessons, and experiment with various perspective techniques she has learned about.

And Erika would be delighted to get a letter from Satori. :)

I bought this a few weeks ago, and my 6-year-old daughter has been having a great time with it.

Thanks for sharing her drawing! My 6yo did the dragon the other day as her 1st "free" lesson, so she loved seeing your daughter's work. She did a great job! My 6yo and 5yo have both completed several of the free mini marshmallow lessons and that sold me on it.