Menu

Anyone do TWTM-style Science?

We use Elemental Science which follows the WTM recommendations. Paige has taken all the work out of it for us! My kids love it, I love it and science gets done every week, experiments and all!

I've found when I follow the WTM recommendations in any area (not just science), school is easy to manage and works well for our kids. Whenever I get tempted that I "need something more" I go back and re-read WTM. I always come away grounded again and perfectly content with what we're doing!:D

I've found when I follow the WTM recommendations in any area (not just science), school is easy to manage and works well for our kids. Whenever I get tempted that I "need something more" I go back and re-read WTM. I always come away grounded again and perfectly content with what we're doing!:D

That.

I might change the content but I keep the method. When I stray from the method I am always making my life harder than it needs to be.

We stick with TWTM science recs for 1st and 2nd grade. Our kids pick a topic from whichever subject we are studying. They read a couple of pages and let me know what they learned. I write it down in a three ring binder and they color a picture or do an experiment if they are interested. They really enjoy getting to choose the topics. :)

Then, we move to Elemental Science for 3rd and 4th grade. We tried TWTM recs for 3rd, but it just wasn't getting done. Now my ds9 can do Chemistry mostly on his own. He is going to finish Physics this summer. Then, start ES Biology for the Logic Stage in the fall (5th grade). Thanks again, Paige!

I agree with what Robyn wrote here...I just re-read the Grammar and Logic stage portions of TWTM. The Logic stage science ideas are amazing.....I am re-thinking my plans due to re-reading TWTM. I think SWB's science ideas and plans are excellent!