Menu

Curriculum sale prices - what to charge?

I'm going to sell things at a used curriculum sale this weekend, so I need to start pricing my books. I've heard that people pay a lot less at this sale than they do online because there is no hassle for shipping, postage, etc., and I'm all for reducing that hassle! At the same time, though, I do want to get a decent price for my books, as anything I bring in goes toward next year's books. What percentage would you charge for a textbook that is still popular if you didn't have to figure in postage? What about paperbacks? Thanks for any suggestions!

My dd and I joined some friends today to sell books at a used homeschool curricula sale.

I have alot of Abeka and looked in the catalog for the retail price. Afterwards, I calculated the selling price to be about 45 % off that. I thought that was still high so I slashed the prices even a little more...why? Because I've gotten such good deals, we are finished with the books and to bless someone else. We still made a little money in the process.

HTH. Sheryl <><

PS...We'll be going back to another sale in June!!

Unless it's a very popular and scarce item in great condition, I wouldn't price more than 50% at that kind of sale. I went once and shoppers seemed interested almost exclusively in extremely good deals. A lot of the stuff that was brought didn't sell at all.

I try really hard to pay no more than 50% on a used item.

:iagree: It's easy to find used curriculum, and people shopping probably know what the new price would be and have researched it online. They'll be glad to save the shipping, but not if it doesn't feel like a great deal.