Menu

Just when I think I'm failing my children...

...I read something like this!

My son received this email from a college he attended for one course last semester. He is not currently enrolled at that college. Here's the email:

Yo My Son's Name,

How is everything going with your this semester? I hope your classes are all going well and that your staying committed to your studied. If you ever have any questions or any general concerns feel free to contact me and I will do my best to help you out.

Upperclass Student worker's name

Office of Student Success and Retention Services

Ignoring the fact that my son is currently NOT attending this college, there are three examples of incorrect word usage and a comma error in three sentences. I won't comment on the greeting!

The previous student worker wrote delightful emails with no errors, so I don't think this is super common.

My son laughed and caught all of the errors, so maybe, just maybe, I'm not screwing his educational future up too badly.

Hope you've enjoyed your laugh for the day!

College Plus lost our potential business by talking to both my son and I in that manner during phone call. It. drove. me. batty. If he had used the term "buddy" or "in english that means real cool" (We are not idiots!?) one more time I might have screamed.

And yes, I know this is terrible, but in a professional capacity where the conversation is going to conclude with a request for $1500 and several hundred there after each month - I promise I would clean up considerably!