Menu

It's official: I'm sick of winter!

Up here, we are preparing for our third-year-in-a-row massive flood. Our city has made 1.5 million sandbags. The city next door has made 3.0 million. Whole neighborhoods have been torn down and replaced with clay dikes. Three houses at the end of our street were torn down last week. The dike is going up today. We were supposed to start building sandbag dikes on Thursday or Friday.

NOW, they are predicting up to 17 inches on snow and ice in the next couple of days.

I'M SICK OF WINTER!

I'm tired of grey and white and brown. I want colors and green things. I want to go outside without boots, coat, and gloves. I want to drive the speed limit and not worry about stopping the car.

Thanks for reading my vent! Better go polish up my snow shovel for one more push before we start sandbagging. I'm also SICK of FLOODS, but that's another post! Watch for our town in the news...

They built an 8 foot tall clay dike at the end of my street yesterday and delivered port-a-potties for all of the volunteers that will soon overrun our neighborhood. Thank God for those helpers! It seems that, while most of the country sprout tulips in spring, our town sprouts port-a-potties!

It is currently sleeting.

New flood forecast coming on Friday or Saturday.

Did I mention that I'm sick of winter??

Thanks for reading my silly vent!

They built an 8 foot tall clay dike at the end of my street yesterday and delivered port-a-potties for all of the volunteers that will soon overrun our neighborhood. Thank God for those helpers! It seems that, while most of the country sprout tulips in spring, our town sprouts port-a-potties!

It is currently sleeting.

New flood forecast coming on Friday or Saturday.

Did I mention that I'm sick of winter??

Thanks for reading my silly vent!

:grouphug:Oh, it's not silly--by late March, it's TIME for spring. I totally commiserate--we had sleet all through our dinner this evening.:grouphug: And our river is flooding too, (snowmelt plus new rain today:glare:) so we know how you feel. Life in the frozen North wears thin in mud season.:grouphug:

:grouphug:Oh, it's not silly--by late March, it's TIME for spring. I totally commiserate--we had sleet all through our dinner this evening.:grouphug: And our river is flooding too, (snowmelt plus new rain today:glare:) so we know how you feel. Life in the frozen North wears thin in mud season.:grouphug:

I'm sorry you are flooding, too! Life IS tough in the northern plains, isn't it!

OH DO I HEAR YA!

Seriously, we are getting freezing rain and snow right now. I have two rescue lambs that need to be returned to the farm of their birth, but without mamma's to cuddle them and a flock that will be stand-offish at first, they could freeze now that the temperatures are plummeting! GRRRR....they are cute, but my family room smells like sheep and I'd like to return them to their habitat. But, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, we have to get yet another winter storm. Add to that the fact that car wrecks are beginning to pile up, dd - the paramedic student - will be out in this mess this week which always makes me worry, and the river is going to go over it's banks in two different towns as soon as this mess melts, well...I'm in no mood to be trifled with by Old Man Winter.

Boy, do I hear ya!

Faith

I'm sorry you are flooding, too! Life IS tough in the northern plains, isn't it!

We had to move out of that town....... we're in Detroit Lakes now. Bought a house far away from the flooding. It was too nerve wracking! We lived there for two spring thaws and decided that was enough.

Still not liking the snow falling right now though. :( We are very over it.

We had to move out of that town....... we're in Detroit Lakes now. Bought a house far away from the flooding. It was too nerve wracking! We lived there for two spring thaws and decided that was enough.

Still not liking the snow falling right now though. :( We are very over it.

I saw you moved. If our house goes under, we are out of here! I'll commute!

The dike down our street should protect us, but it is very nerve-wrecking to wait and wait and wait for the flood to come. It is a wonderful time to learn to depend on God. Guess I still need lessons on this one!

We got a foot of rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain, thunder, and lightening. Plus a decent amount of wind. It was quite a storm. Schools are all out today (except ours---insert evil laugh).

Stay high and dry in DL!! I'm sorry we never connected in person.

OH DO I HEAR YA!

Seriously, we are getting freezing rain and snow right now. I have two rescue lambs that need to be returned to the farm of their birth, but without mamma's to cuddle them and a flock that will be stand-offish at first, they could freeze now that the temperatures are plummeting! GRRRR....they are cute, but my family room smells like sheep and I'd like to return them to their habitat. But, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, we have to get yet another winter storm. Add to that the fact that car wrecks are beginning to pile up, dd - the paramedic student - will be out in this mess this week which always makes me worry, and the river is going to go over it's banks in two different towns as soon as this mess melts, well...I'm in no mood to be trifled with by Old Man Winter.

Boy, do I hear ya!

Faith

Wow, at least we aren't moving the livestock in!!

But, it IS time for spring to come.....I need fresh air and sunshine and warmth, even if just for a couple of days. BUT, to get those, we have to flood and sling sandbags. So, maybe winter isn't all that bad. Talk about being conflicted! LOL