Menu

Need suggestions for Readers with schedules

Hi! I am looking for a list of quality literature that includes a schedule of what the student should read each day. I know that Sonlight has this, as well as WinterPromise. However, both of these programs center their reading suggestions around their History themes. I like Heart of Dakota's suggestions, but I'm not sure if they have a specific schedule or if they only tell you how many days you would need to complete the entire book. Can anyone give me suggestions for curriculum that schedules the books in a similar fashion to Sonlight and WinterPromise, but do not try to adhere to a History theme?

Thanks in advance! :001_smile:

What age?

Sonlight Readers for core 1 and the readers for the 3 levels of core 2 aren't really tied to the history theme.

:iagree:

SL is actually renaming their readers so they reflect grade levels instead of being tied to the cores by number.

What was previously the readers for Core K through Core 2 Advanced are now going to be Grade K Readers, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, and Grade 4-5.

You can read about that change here:

http://www.sonlight.com/whats-new.html

These levels aren't tied to specific cores or historical themes, they are tied to reading fluency levels.

SL's readers are really a great progression to build fluency with REAL books in the early grades.

HTH!

I'll agree that the younger grade readers on Sonlight's schedules are not focused on history. The schedule itself is only a few dollars. I was able to find a large number of the books I needed at a local used book store and I'm sure many are available at the library if you want to go that route.