Menu

PA Law help..

B/c she is already enrolled in a private K, I believe that you must file the affidavit when you begin homeschooling her. I know the law says that 8 is the mandatory age but if the child has already been in a public or private school before the age of 8 you must report from then on. Does that make sense?

dd5 is in pvt school kindy. She will not turn 8 until Aug 8th prior to 3rd grade. The SD cut off for Age is September something, Affidavit's are due Aug 1st. When do I need to file the first affidavit for her?

B/c she is already enrolled in a private K, I believe that you must file the affidavit when you begin homeschooling her. I know the law says that 8 is the mandatory age but if the child has already been in a public or private school before the age of 8 you must report from then on. Does that make sense?

Actually, no. K does not count. You will only have to file if she has attended FIRST GRADE or above.

http://home.comcast.net/~askpauline/hs/homeschoolage.html

You should file by her birthday the year she turns 8. You might want to file even earlier if you intend to count days in July and early August. Since she hasn't been in first grade or higher in ps, you don't need to do anything right away. This is a great place for more details.

ETA: This is the same site already mentioned. I guess we all posted at once.

Edited by Jen in PA
Everyone types faster than I do!