Menu

Book a Week in 2011 - Week Twelve

I just abandoned Arrian's The Campaigns of Alexander. Arrian, writing in the second century, wanted to rescue Alexander from the increasingly fanciful tales being told about his campaigns, and went through the most reliable reports to assemble an accurate military history.

This would be a great book for the sort of person who likes to read military history with a hex map and a zillion tiny cardboard counters to represent Persian cavalry, Greek mercenaries, Alexander's personal bodyguard, etc., etc. and place them in the carefully detailed positions provided by Arrian. But I'm just not that sort of person. If you are, I recommend the book.

This would be a great book for the sort of person who likes to read military history with a hex map and a zillion tiny cardboard counters to represent Persian cavalry, Greek mercenaries, Alexander's personal bodyguard, etc., etc. and place them in the carefully detailed positions provided by Arrian. But I'm just not that sort of person. If you are, I recommend the book.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, you're making my cheeks hurt.

Umm ... I'm not that sort of person either. :lol:

Well I have had some things in life that have made reading hard but during today's 3 hour long marathon time out session I finished a fluff novel on my phone called The Accidental Demon Slayer. So I am up to 7 books so far...I am still working on Inkdeath (its killing me, so slow and I am getting to the point of not caring what happens but its the last of a trilogy).