Menu

Singapore Math 1A - Teacher's Guide?

JoyfullyNoisy

Instead of the teacher's guide, you would want the HIG (home instructor's guide).

I think it is necessary, but I know others do not. Singapore teaches math in a way that is different than most programs, and I think the HIG is helpful in explaining this. :)

ETA: There's about a $30 difference in the prices of the teacher's guide and HIG. HIG is cheaper. :)

Instead of the teacher's guide, you would want the HIG (home instructor's guide).

I think it is necessary, but I know others do not. Singapore teaches math in a way that is different than most programs, and I think the HIG is helpful in explaining this. :)

ETA: There's about a $30 difference in the prices of the teacher's guide and HIG. HIG is cheaper. :)

:iagree: You'll be missing out on part of the program without it.

Yep. Get the Standards Edition with the HIGs.

Bill

I have found them to be not worth the money.

There is a saying "A doctor's job is to entertain the patient until nature invokes a cure". Similarly, I only turned to the HIG when kiddo "wasn't getting something", and have found, over and over, that when we have reached that point, keeping Mom hopeful there is a cure somewhere is what is needed, because all the kids needs is repeated exposure and "tincture of time".

I.e. it never (really) helped.