Menu

Safe areas to find hotels outside of Los Angeles???

My son and I will be in the area of Los Angeles Sunday and Monday night. We want a safe location to get a hotel that has a reasonable drive into LA as we plan to go to an LA Lakers basketball game Sunday night and possibly Universal Studios on Monday.

What are some names of areas that will work for us?

Thanks for any help,

Margaret

Look for something near the Staples Center---you could walk to the game and would also be pretty close to US. It's a safe place, but not cheap.

If you are looking for something less expensive, you might want to look in Pasadena or Glendale. You shouldn't hit too much traffic heading into the game on Sunday.

Have fun!

Santa Monica is pretty. Toluca Lake is where the rich and famous live close to LA and is right next to Universal City. Burbank/Glendale is right next to TL too. If you have tons of bucks, Beverly Hills.

This one is right next to Universal Studios:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=83

:ack2: I wouldn't go all the way to the valley or Pasadena to LA with traffic.

Edited by tex-mex

If you are looking for something less expensive, you might want to look in Pasadena or Glendale. You shouldn't hit too much traffic heading into the game on Sunday.

Have fun!

:iagree: Old Town Pasadena is nice, and it shouldn't take too long to get to the Staples Center. It is a straight shot down the 110.

I'd go with Burbank or Glendale. Burbank has some new hotels in its downtown area. It wouldn't be super close to Staples Center, but it would be a an OK drive, and Burbank is a short hop to Universal Studios. I don't think of anywhere in downtown LA as being particularly safe, but I almost never go there. So take that for what it's worth.

we have stayed at the Best Western near Westwood - free parking, breakfast, very helpful staff and just off the highway so it's a straight shot (depending on traffic!) into downtown. Inexpensive too.

Santa Monica is my favorite but more pricey and seldom free parking.