Menu

Until what age do you so copywork?

mymonkeybug

As long as possible, is my opinion. Like the above poster, my oldest son keeps a notebook just for quotes he reads and for whatever he wants to write. I think no matter what the age, copywork is always beneficial.

I think no matter what the age, copywork is always beneficial.

:iagree:. I'm planning to begin doing copywork again myself. I'm also thinking of starting my 1st graders on a bit of daily copywork.

I'm considering using a mix of Great (American) Quotes and Fun Facts for the source material.

We've never done copywork. Or dictation. I don't see a need.
We use it for handwriting practice: ten minutes of best handwriting per day. It's also helpful with spelling in the early years.

We use it for handwriting practice: ten minutes of best handwriting per day. It's also helpful with spelling in the early years.

Yeah, I just meant I don't see a need for it at my house (not that nobody has a need for it lol). My daughter does enough writing, she's a good speller and we'd rather focus on more creative things where possible than a "copy this paragraph" kind of thing.