Menu

Workbook-style math programs?

m0mmaBuck

Horizons is spiral and can get mundane for some kids.

Math Mammoth is master and on sale at www.homeschoolbuyerscoop.com for 40% off until the end of March - possibly 50% off if enough orders are placed. The author has tons of extra practice sheets, references to websites for extra drill and games, and answers her own email when one has a question on how to teach something or the program. Well done.

Guest oklahomschool

The "Key To" series by Key Curriculum Press is good for older students.

Miquon is excellent for younger students.

Both are workbook style, both have teachers manuals and tests available.

Guest MissB93

Make that +1 for the "Key To" series. DD was in 6th grade and was doing very poorly in math. I started homeschooling in October and since then we have been working with Key to Measurement and Fractions. DD went from an 11 year old who could not use a ruler to someone who is figuring out cost per ounce. She is doing equally well in Fractions, but I decided to switch her over to Life of Fred in preparation for pre-algebra. I have all the rest of the "Key to" for extra practice when she needs it.

We're also big fans of the "Key To" workbooks! They were great as a supplement to Singapore, which teaches the concepts very well but doesn't have nearly enough problems to work out for practice.

We loved the Key To books for Fractions and Percentages. Each of my kids had problems grasping those concepts and the Key workbooks really did the trick.