Menu

NASA opportunity for 9-12 grade students

Yes, if your kids are at all interested, apply!! INSPIRE is a terrific opportunity for kids interested in STEM careers. One of my neighbor's kids participated a couple years ago and had a wonderful learning experience. He especially enjoyed the two-week session he spent at a NASA facility, and is now studying engineering in college.

Yes, if your kids are at all interested, apply!! INSPIRE is a terrific opportunity for kids interested in STEM careers. One of my neighbor's kids participated a couple years ago and had a wonderful learning experience. He especially enjoyed the two-week session he spent at a NASA facility, and is now studying engineering in college.

Do you know anything about the Online Learning Community? It sounds like that is the first thing that a student is accepted to and then they apply for the advanced levels.

What I remember is that my friend's son was involved in some kind of online work throughout his eleventh grade academic year. NASA would send him readings and assignments to work on at home. His dad was said it was fairly time-intensive but extremely interesting & worthwhile. I think that he was involved in some kind of space station design project, but I imagine that would vary for different years & sites. It was good enough to get this particular kid fired up about engineering as a career.

When he completed that part of the program successfully, he was eligible to apply for the summer in-residence program (not exactly sure what was involved, though).