Menu

Veritas Press Phonics Museum

comama

I used it several years ago. It was our first year homeschooling, so I didn't have much to compare it to at the time. It's very high quality... the readers are nicely done. It was a little on the stuffy side (for me) and I am a fan of VP in general.

We switched over to Sonlight for 1st grade and my daughter liked that better for learning to read. It was more relaxed, and the books were more fun. But now we're back with VP in 3rd grade. I think if we had stuck it out it would have been fine, but I was new and I panicked at the first bumps. ;)

I used it with three of my kids. I think it is well put together and very through. I loved the activities, worksheets, and readers. I thought everything worked well together. I loved the hands-on aspect of the program.

Saying that--my son did not do well with the program. He hated the worksheets, activites, and readers! The sonlight program worked well for him. He wanted me to open the book, tell him the rule, practice the rule, and be done.

Did that help?:001_smile:

It was a wonderful box for my kitties to sit on. We used it two or maybe three times. We tried the readers a bit longer. Other than that, it sat on our shelf for about two years while the kitties made good use of it. I finally sold it.

I'm not being very helpful. Sorry. Just saying we didn't like it.