Menu

Progymnasmata?

Stumbling around online last night, I re-ran across some thoughts on the progym....it makes sense to me, as it seems well thought out and sequential, but I'm not sure how to implement it. Classical Writing seems to be based on this framework -- are there any other programs out there?

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the whole thing, TIA! :D

Thank you, Angela! Great info! Are you using/have you used Classical Composition? (I am looking at the samples and feeling that I am ill-equipped to teach it. :tongue_smilie:)

I've used Classical Composition's first two levels. After that, I felt more confident to go it alone. I thought it was pretty easy to teach even when I was just learning about the Progym. :001_smile:

Stumbling around online last night, I re-ran across some thoughts on the progym....it makes sense to me, as it seems well thought out and sequential, but I'm not sure how to implement it. Classical Writing seems to be based on this framework -- are there any other programs out there?

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the whole thing, TIA! :D

If you buy the workbooks, Classical Writing has more than just a framework. That said up to the Diogenes level they expect you as the parent to understand that framework and teach it (Aesop and Homer). Diogenes is the first level written to the student and the rest, I assume, will be written to the student.

If you prefer to choose out your own models and such then CW can also just be framework.

Heather