Menu

Anything like Pathway Readers for first grade?

amyrjoy

My Ker is loving the Pathway Readers..he is actually reading the first grade ones and TAKES THEM TO BED to read! I couldn't believe it when he first started doing that! And he's been recently asking me for more books like this. He suggested that I find the next book, "Even More Days Go By." :lol:

Are there any readers out there that are similar? He didn't like the look of Rod and Staff readers. I showed him the Benji readers (online) and I may try to find those, but he REALLY loves Days Go By and More Days Go By!!!

Guest Cindie2dds
Pathway Readers go up through 8th grade.

Yep, we're almost through 2nd grade now. My youngest loves listening to her big sis read aloud about Peter and Rachel. :)

I have the 2nd grade books and I think if he completed the 1st grade books he should have no problem going through Busy Times and More Busy Times. Climbing Higher might be a little too difficult, but I don't know your son, so perhaps not. I definitely know that my daughter, who is just finishing More Days Go By, can read Busy Times. She's not an advanced reader, and has actually struggled a bit, so she's probably about on par with your son, just going on the fact that he's reading these books. :)

Guest Cindie2dds
I have the 2nd grade books and I think if he completed the 1st grade books he should have no problem going through Busy Times and More Busy Times.

:iagree: but I wish I knew of more like these as well.

My children, and especially my daughter, loved these as well, and we never really did find anything like them. Your son might enjoy the Billy and Blaze books. These are much shorter but they are a series about a boy and his horse and are quite lovely. Also not quite as great but still good for this level: Tomie DePaola's 26 Fairmount Avenue series.

I agree that the books are perfectly paced and kids seem ready for each one as they complete the preceeding book. But there should be more!!!