Menu

An Intro to get my 50 in ;)

Hi all. To be honest, I'm here to get my 50 so I can post a FS item. I'm mostly a lurker, asked and answered a question here and there occasionally, sold some things, but mostly lurked for info (loved the book list discussions for high school). I doubt you'll see me around much, since computer time is at a premium in my house, and I'll be a new TOG user this September (honeymoon period, ya know?) Hope y'all don't mind me posting this.

Chris

How funny -- I'm doing the same thing! I've been around these boards faithfully, but only sporadically posting, since 1999, and sold lots of stuff on the old board, but now I can't sell anything till I get 50 posts in. Bothersome, no?

I too, am a somewhat lurker in search of 50 posts. I don't want to post unless I have something constructive to say - so I'm thinking this will take a while! We have homeschooled for 6 years, but I still am learning so much myself I hesitate to offer much advice :)

Thanks,

Susan A.

I too, am a somewhat lurker in search of 50 posts. I don't want to post unless I have something constructive to say - so I'm thinking this will take a while! We have homeschooled for 6 years, but I still am learning so much myself I hesitate to offer much advice :)

Thanks,

Susan A.

Don't be shy. We can all learn from each other! :)

I guess I'm still a little larvae even though I've been homeschooling since the dark ages. I love these boards and am still learning. I don't post much but I read quite a few of the posts. I like to copy and paste onto word documents for future reference, esp. the book lists. We are so blessed to have such a great wealth of information at our disposal.

Laurie in CA

Homeschooling dd 14 (the last of 3)

I think this one may get me into double digits, and still a long way to go. I'm on here more than I've ever been in the past! It is time consuming, and mostly at night when I'm struggling to keep my eyes open. I have mostly used the boards to gain information, not to give, only because everyone has so much more better stuff to share than I do! I feel intimidated sometimes, and inadequete (sp? - too late for me to think) many more, but still inspired most of the time. And if I stay here for any length of time, I just may learn how to use those smiley face things!

Chris

Guest PamDinTN

Hi everyone! I am a fellow lurker that wants to get her 50 posts in:) I posted on the old boards sometime. I do like the new format of the boards. By way of an introduction, I have been homeschooling for 6 years in TN and have a ds16, ds 13 and dd7.

Pam

...because it's the second I've seen while trying to get my 50!

I've been on and off the boards for nearly 7 years -- and this past week or two I'm remembering why I've been staying away. It's weirdly addicting. All those random questions that pop into my head at two in the morning -- whether they have to do with planning next year's curriculum or how to mend a friendship or what to have for dinner -- I can shoot them off into the ether, and wisdom floats back on the electric breeze. And that doesn't even touch all the books and whatnot I didn't even know about, and now I HAVE TO BUY!:tongue_smilie:

Maura

learning along with ds 14, future Great American Novelist (and bookstore owner) and ds 11, Naturalist and Dragon Tamer (currently practicing fly casting on our suburban front lawn)