Menu

Wow, what a whirlwind, crazy but wonderful week.

First off, my SIL took vacation days to come and visit. What kid of SIL does that? It was a complete surprise. They just showed up on my door step.

The my dd spent the next three days busting her butt whipping my shape into place. She : did the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, decluttered the downstairs, hung the drapes in the dining room, hung the curtains in the dinette, and sheers in the loft, hung a giant clock over the mantle, hung a large map print over the sofa in the loft and a music poster over the sofa in the music room, put away all of the hoilday items that had been temporarily stored in the guest room. Swept, mopped, vacuumed, moved an old oak desk to the recycle center, moved the 50 galloon aquarium to the garage, vaccumed the entire upstairs and all the stairs, helped me hang all of the girls cloths and sort what was left. She got more than half my list done, ran circles around me and still wore me out.

About an hout before she left, my brother showed up to see the work. He has had a lot of work done here: the bathroom tiles done, painted several rooms and bought a lot of the decorations. My kids did most of the painting and my eldest dd did most of the hard work. And of course, my wonderful hubby made the money to buy the house and most of the furnishings. If it wasn't for them, I am quite sure that I would be living in a carboard box somewhere.

What a wonderful gift. I am incredibly blessed to have such an amazing family. Finally, sometime in the middle of all this we managed to check the youngest out of school. So I am homeschooling again. Do I have the best family or what? How did I get so lucky?

Edited by KidsHappen

That's wonderful!

And yeah, I have a rocketry team that has literally POLLUTED my dining room and the whole family has bronchitis, if someone decided to just drop by, "OH hey, we took vacation and want to visit. Let us in!" I'd be one angry person.

I'm glad getting your 11 year old home went smoothly!

Faith