Menu

To sell or not to sell (curriculum)...that is the question!

I have a library full of curriculum and this was only our first year as ind. hsers! :001_huh: I have extra SWO books b/c SWO didn't work for so many of my dc (I had purchased a bunch of books in prep for upcoming years). I'm dropping spelling w/ dd11 b/c she is such a nat. speller and just going to use dictation and copywork and possible Simply Spelling with her. So, do I hold onto the SWO books "just in case" a younger sib will use it? OR, do I sell it now? I could really use the money for new curriculum. I guess I could always buy it back later if I intend to use it, right? Same with other curriculum. God's Design for Life which I really loved the looks of, but we didn't really put into practice this year. Should I hold onto it "just in case" or sell it? I think I'll keep CKE Biology b/c we used that one more. I just don't know. ARRGHHH! What do you all do? Sell right away or hold onto things "just in case"?

I hope you get some good answers, because I'm already wondering almost the same thing! I don't know if I should "consume" pages in things like SOTW AG or not. Will Sylvia do the same thing? Will something better come out in another 2 years? So I can kind of relate. Hopefully some experienced HSers will help us out!

I think it's better to sell something you are sure you won't use in the coming year. I kept everything I bought, whether it worked for us or not, and regret it. Many things lose value over the years as new editions come out. Plus, everything I kept was replaceable if our needs had changed.

My vote is to sell unused items now to buy items you will need for the coming year.

I think it's better to sell something you are sure you won't use in the coming year. I kept everything I brought, whether it worked for us or not, and regret it. Many things lose value over the years as new editions come out. Plus, everything I kept was replaceable if our needs had changed.

My vote is to sell unused items now to buy items you will need for the coming year.

I agree! I used to hold on to everything. But, then, half the time I never came back to it. Either a new edition had come out and I wanted that (and then I couldn't sell what I had) or it just didn't work for the next child. I do have one exception - and that is my R&S teacher editions. I keep those.

Also, I'm an anti-clutter person. When I start to accumulate too many things, I just get overwhelmed and don't go back to it. Now, I have my school shelf and I sell things as we finish them. I use that money to pay for next years' books and they usually fit on that same shelf. Love it!!

Yes, this is where I'm leaning...sell now. We have limited space and once baby is big enough for a room of his own...we'll have even less. So...I think I'm going to go ahead and sell these books so somebody else can have the benefit of using them now. AND, I can go ahead and tell dh that I am using money from resales as opposed to from our own limited budget! Thanks y'all!