Menu

VP Scholars Online for grammar stage...

Beth in SW WA

Carrie, I'm not concerned with jiving Latin & CC at this point. I know CC uses a different curriculum. We'll cross that bridge later. :)

Lavender, Great news. Thanks for the feedback.

Lisa, What are your thoughts regarding the Latin 1 (grammar stage)? Thanks!!! I opted for the lit class also since it looks fun. Dd reads beyond the level of those titles, but I'm assuming the discussion of those classics will be fun for dd.

Lisa, What are your thoughts regarding the Latin 1 (grammar stage)? Thanks!!! I opted for the lit class also since it looks fun. Dd reads beyond the level of those titles, but I'm assuming the discussion of those classics will be fun for dd.

My thoughts were... aha! Maybe if I sign dd up for Latin through VP it will actually get done!:lol:

I will enroll my youngest son in the self-paced New Testament Greece and Rome for next year. He is doing Old Testament and Ancient Greece now and loves it. I am also thinking very seriously about putting him in Latin 1A for next year. I already have my oldest registered for his high school classes and my middle registered for Omni 1 primany and secondary.

We LOVE the VP self paced course. We did NTGR this year with the song. We also do CC. My kids don't find it confusing at all. There are only a few cards in the entire timeline that are out of order chronologically. There is benefit in knowing the history of a region as well as knowing a strict chronological timeline. Honestly, I wish CC would just learn the five VP songs.

I am really tempted on the English course because that would strike a big task off my homeschooling list, but I am homeschooling 5 kids and I don't have enough $500s to go around. We are doing the self-paced history because of the lower price and sibling discount and I think that is a great deal for what we are getting. :)

• 3 weeks later...

We signed our 2 kids up for several VP classes for the fall:

DS for 5th grade - Literature III, Grammar & Writing II & Latin Transition

DD for 3rd grade - Literature II, Grammar & Writing I & Grammar School Latin I

They are both currently doing the self-paced AEOT history course.

We signed our 2 kids up for several VP classes for the fall:

DS for 5th grade - Literature III, Grammar & Writing II & Latin Transition

DD for 3rd grade - Literature II, Grammar & Writing I & Grammar School Latin I

They are both currently doing the self-paced AEOT history course.

I look forward to hearing your feedback on the G & W 1 for your dd 3rd. :)