Menu

Removed by the Author.

You might also look at Videotext Algebra.

My 2 dc used this program and did very well with it. It's mastery-based, very thorough and complete (it's a 2-year program, but you can go at your own pace.) The video lesson presentations are very clear, and complete solutions are given for all the problems, including those on the quizzes and tests. There is frequent quizzing to make sure you've grasped the concept before you move on, and for the tests and comprehensive reviews, the solution manual not only gives the complete solution for each problem, but also gives a reference back to the lesson(s) that covered the concepts in that problem. So you can easily go back and review. I found my understanding of algebra really solidified just following along with the program as my first dc did it.

Is there a book series out there covers these core concepts and formulas? Something with very simple layout, to the point instructions, a few worked examples with commentary tons of problems and a few worked examples?

Schaum's outlines?

It's basically a brief outline of the topic, a boatload of worked examples and then a boatload of practice problems. Not only that, but the practice problems have a solution key in the back as these are intended for the autodidact.