Menu

Allow me to "Vent" just found out chamomile can cause you to abort the baby.

I am outraged

I have been drinking chamomile tea for 4 months. I started drinking because i am pregnant and at that time i had this cold that lasted 2 months. I went to see my OB and told her just that, she never said a negative word about it, infact encouraged me to continue. I am only 5 1/2 months. A month before this pregnancy i had a miscarriage. Well, I found out yesterday on the internet that chamomile can cause a pregnant woman to abort a baby.

What do you think of that!

You would have to drink a LOT of chamomile tea for that. Medicinal quantities are not the same as drinking it as a beverage once or twice a day.

ed for better link:

http://www.babycenter.com/406_is-it-safe-to-drink-herbal-tea-during-pregnancy_1246852.bc

eta: Also, there is a difference between German chamomile (which is what is referenced in the post I linked) and Roman chamomile. German chamomile is considered safer.

Edited by Mrs Mungo

You would have to drink a LOT of chamomile tea for that. Medicinal quantities are not the same as drinking it as a beverage once or twice a day.

I have been drinking about 8 cups a day, really!

Have had many Braxton Hixs with lots of cramping with slight pain. I just thought that was normal.

Also, foot massages can stimulate contractions (so I've heard).

This is true. All of my midwives used this after my water had broken but before contractions started in order to get my labor going. My dd's midwife did the same and I have heard a few chiropractors say the same thing. Nipple stimulation is even more powerful. Genreally this is only if your body and the baby are reay though.