Menu

Is anyone doing Song School Latin with a K'er

mom2denj

I'd hold off a year for an average K'er, especially if writing is still a chore for them. They probably *could* do it orally, but they'll get much more out of it if they wait.

That said, the K'er in my sig is doing SSL this year, but she's a precocious one. She's doing second grade language arts in kindy size bites. I wouldn't have done it with my current 2nd grader when he was in K.

Thanks so much for your replies!!! I am wondering now what you all are doing after Song School Latin? Maybe I will have to start another thread. =)

On another recent thread an employee of CAP said they're currently writing SSL 2. :001_smile: If it's done in time I'll be going this way for that precocious kinder; she won't be mature enough for LFC when she finishes SSL.

Thanks so much for your replies!!! I am wondering now what you all are doing after Song School Latin? Maybe I will have to start another thread. =)

There was a mention in another thread of an upcoming SSL2. Should that actually come to exist within a reasonable timeframe, we'll go on to that for the 4 year old.

The 7 year old should be ready for one of the more formal beginning Latin programs, or I may switch to English from the Roots Up and start on Spanish, depending on where I see his interests going.