Menu

Ack!! TOG users- I need you!

plain jane

I've been trying to get stuff together for TOG next year. I'm planning on adding some things to it and taking away others and basically making it a mish-mash of what I'd like it to look like. :blink: I know it will come together well for us. :D

Anyways... I had it in my head that TOG would talk us through a timeline of sorts. I *really* **REALLY** need something that tells me how to lay out the timeline, who/what to put on it and where. I thought this was included in TOG. I see that some weeks have a timeline option but not all- in fact, none of Unit 1 has any mention of a timeline at all. :confused:

I really want my Logic stage child to do a timeline (in a binder, not on the wall) so she get "see" the flow of history. I do not want to have to help too much with this because, well, the flow of history is not my strong suit and I don't trust myself to do it properly- I'd really like some "expert" to tell me what to do. (shhhh, don't tell SWB I said that ;)- I know she talks about this in one of her talks).

Sigh. Where do I look for such help? I guess I'm going to get the homeschoolinthewoods timeline figures CD (WOW, it's pricey :() but I need help with what to do with them. :tongue_smilie:

I'm on Y1U2. At this stage, they start adding in timeline dates to add at the Dialectic and Rhetoric levels. The LG/UG levels aren't recommended to do timelines. They're on page 6, in the Weekly Overview. :)

Come here so I can bighug.gif you!!!

Thank you so much!!! There it is- just staring at me. :o I think I looked everywhere else but there. :o There's a couple spots later on where I saw timeline placement mentioned in the blue Student Activities section so I was scouring those pages.

thankyou.gif

Come here so I can bighug.gif you!!!

Thank you so much!!! There it is- just staring at me. :o I think I looked everywhere else but there. :o There's a couple spots later on where I saw timeline placement mentioned in the blue Student Activities section so I was scouring those pages.

thankyou.gif

LOL You're quite welcome! TOG takes some getting used to. In fact, I was watching the Teacher Training videos last night, and commented to my husband how much I'm learning going through them, even though I started TOG last August, and we used the 3 week sample to start off the two years before that!! ;-) Definitely a learning curve, but definitely worth it!

I know TOG recommends not doing a timeline with LG and UG, but we are. We had started a timeline with our SL studies, and I just couldn't let my kids give that aspect up. They LOVE looking through it. When we made the switch, I bought the Homeschool in the Woods CDs and then printed the figures out on 8 1/2 x 11 sticker paper. The are just continuing to add figures to the SL Book of Time that we already had. It's working well here.