Menu

What grill features do you like?

Weber all the way! A rather basic Weber grill is worth several of the others.

I like my Weber Silver Genesis with 3 burners. (My grill is no longer made, but I believe the Weber Spirit E-310 has the same features.) I can turn the center one off and cook items needing a longer cooking time at lower temps without scorching anything. When we need to replace it, 3 burners will be the most important feature to me.

I bought a rotisserie for it also, and that has been a nice feature. Rotisserie on the grill is awesome and clean up is very simplified.

Since my grill is close to my kitchen, not having a side burner has not been an issue. I wouldn't spend more for that, but if you take everything outside and cook, it might be worth looking into.

My vote is for whatever grill my dh likes best and is willing to cook on all the time. ;) *That's* the one I'd go with. :D

:lol:

I bought my grill (oops OUR grill) for my dh. He just doesn't like to cook anywhere. Funny how that worked out. I'm glad I got one I can light without a fuss.

Cooking without scrubbing pots and pans is good though! Really really good. I can't wait for summer. :D

I'm the one who does all the grilling around here. My dh used to do it, but I could only get him to grill 2-3x/year. I use the grill 2-3x/month. Our grill is not in good shape. I need to buy a new one. I've never used the burner that's on the side, but I definitely need some type of table thing on each side of the grill. I will only buy gas grills because I find charcoal a pain.

My vote is for whatever grill my dh likes best and is willing to cook on all the time. ;) *That's* the one I'd go with. :D

I wish I could do it that way, but my dh has tried many times to assert his manly skills by being the grill cook - to no avail! He is a TERRIBLE griller! I'm talking crunchy burgers with red middles, charred chicken chunks, etc. Sooo, I am the grill master in the family now.

I am always drawn to grills with burners, but I don't know if I would use them. I LOVE the rotisserie idea.

Get one with a rotisserie. There are so many options with it and meat is wonderful when cooked that way. Ours will hold a turkey, a couple chickens, and has a rotisserie basket where we can put fish or veggies to rotisserie cook. I would love one with 1 or 2 burners next to the grill. Definitely get one with at least two sides that light so you can grill on either just the left side, just the right side, or on the entire grill. Some come with a smoke box where you can put soaked wood chips to get smoke flavor while you grill.