Menu

FYI: Free Latin Readers

Plaid Dad

There's been a lot of discussion here of late about how to increase reading fluency in Latin, particularly for those using the grammar-translation method (e.g., Henle). I wanted to share a resource for free reading supplements: Comprehensible Input for Latin by John Piazza. There are some real gems on the page, including extensive mythology and history readers for first-year (=high school level) students. Enjoy!

but the Latin can be devilishly difficult. They are not beginning readers in my experience. Same goes for the Dr. Suess books in translation.

ETA: I should clarify that my comment is about the Winnie ille Pu & the Harry Potter translations.

Thanks, Plaid Dad, for locating these and bringing them to our attention.

There's been a lot of discussion here of late about how to increase reading fluency in Latin, particularly for those using the grammar-translation method (e.g., Henle). I wanted to share a resource for free reading supplements: Comprehensible Input for Latin by John Piazza. There are some real gems on the page, including extensive mythology and history readers for first-year (=high school level) students. Enjoy!

This is a jewel! Thanks!

I wanted to share a resource for free reading supplements...

Thanks so much for sharing these! You are such a great help!