Menu

Can I reuse AAS material with addl children?

pocjets

Pretty much all of it can be reused. The only consumables are the charts. Level 1 comes with a phonogram chart and another for each step. My kids like to put stickers on them when they complete each step. I didn't think to photocopy them but I think I could easily make up a chart when I use the program with my younger kids.

I think everything can be reused if you don't let your children write in the booklets and other sheets, but use notebook paper. Just show them the booklet, but make them write it out on notebook paper instead of inside the booklet. Or if it is a word list, just use your own paper. :)

Pretty much all of it can be reused. The only consumables are the charts. Level 1 comes with a phonogram chart and another for each step. My kids like to put stickers on them when they complete each step. I didn't think to photocopy them but I think I could easily make up a chart when I use the program with my younger kids.

If you go to their forums, The Chatterbee, you can print new progress charts out. If you go to the Groups, each level has a group and there is a PDF of the progress chart listed there.

For the original poster, if you're kids are far enough apart then you possibly could use the cards over and would only need new progress charts and booklets.

So, does your child need to have all the cards in their box from all levels until they finish? How far back are cards referenced? We are only on level 2, so I'm not sure what happens as we go.

I am thinking that there will be 3-4 levels at least between my kids sometime next year. So will I have to buy all new cards for my DD?

So, does your child need to have all the cards in their box from all levels until they finish? How far back are cards referenced? We are only on level 2, so I'm not sure what happens as we go.

I am thinking that there will be 3-4 levels at least between my kids sometime next year. So will I have to buy all new cards for my DD?

The first step of each level has you review cards from previous levels--usually the phonogram, sound, and key cards, plus any word cards that you want to review from time to time, or any words from the previous level that you want to review. If you have kids who struggle with spelling or who have a learning disability like dyslexia, you likely will want that child to have their own set of cards. If not, if your kids are at least 2 levels apart it should be pretty easy to share the cards. You can borrow back those phonogram, sound & key cards to do the review.

Some materials packets have a consumable booklet--you can buy extras of just these from AALP for only $2.50, without buying a whole materials packet.

Merry :-)