Menu

Update on DD4 and our schooling plans

I posted awhile back about our options (or lack thereof) for schooling DD4. I shared that DH was not willing to entertain homeschooling her, and we couldn't afford private school. Neither of us were thrilled with the public schools that failed DD10.

Anyway, the way I saw it, homeschooling was really the only option I was comfortable with. I prayed that either my fears and reservations would subside and I would feel comfortable with PS or that DH would open his mind and heart to homeschooling DD. We've talked several times in recent weeks and DH didn't immediately say "no" when I would jokingly (okay 1/2 jokingly) bring up HSing. I read him something on negative socialization a few weeks ago. He agreed with what I was saying, but still didn't like the idea of HSing.

We talked again last night after I read him a passage from WTM about socialization :) I commented that I thought he saw and agreed with what I was seeing.....HSing is the only logical answer, but that he just wasn't ready to admit or commit to it. He said "that's probably true". His only 2 concerns are the fact that he desperately wants DD to have the close knit group of friends he had growing up (he lived in a small town and went to private school) and the fact that people might think it "weird" or out of the norm.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that it looks like we will end up HSing DD, though the decision hasn't officially been made yet. :) :) :)

His only 2 concerns are the fact that he desperately wants DD to have the close knit group of friends he had growing up (he lived in a small town and went to private school) and the fact that people might think it "weird" or out of the norm.

I'll state the obvious: You're already hsing your oldest, so I think you've already got the weird flag flying. Even though she's his stepdaughter, he's been marked as out of the norm already.

Depending on where you live, you may be able to find a close knit group of hsers. It took us several years, but we've finally found a group like that.

I'll state the obvious: You're already hsing your oldest, so I think you've already got the weird flag flying. Even though she's his stepdaughter, he's been marked as out of the norm already.

Depending on where you live, you may be able to find a close knit group of hsers. It took us several years, but we've finally found a group like that.

HEHE! I said the same thing :) And stated the fact that I have yet to get ONE negative reaction. Everybody has either been supportive, or said they wished they could do the same. I've had several give anecdotes about somebody they know and/or a relative, etc.