Menu

Do you subscribe to that thing that tells you

How crowded theme parks are supposed to be on given days?

If so would you be willing to tell me what tomorrow is supposed to be like compared with Friday? (so the 17th and 18th?)

Thanks! :)

Er that's for universal studios in Orlando I meant!

Edited by NanceXToo

I don't subscribe to the site you're talking about, but I can tell you that we were at Universal Orlando (both parks) last Wed and it was practically empty.

We walked on every ride but for the Disaster one, and the wait was 10-15 minutes. Yes, we even walked on Harry Potter's castle ride (Forbidden Journey I think it's called?).

Since we did both parks in one day, we did the non-HP park first, then hopped over to the other one. We did notice that by 3:00 'our' park got busier, probably from the HP people coming over! We had heard that everyone hits HP first, so we decided to be different and go later on in the day after everyone had had their fill. We guess it worked in our case!

Now.... we didn't go into the wand store (there WAS a line for that, but not long...maybe 15 people?).

If you have the choice, I would go on Thursday... school groups arriving for weekend competitions/locals probably will add to the attendance numbers on Fridays (my own logic there!).

Don't know if I'm of any help, but I thought I'd throw in my $02 and give the thread a little bump for you. :D

Have fun!!!

Wednesday is the lowest park-attendance day everywhere I've ever been. (Disneyworld, Disneyland, King's Dominion, Six Flags, Great America, Knott's Berry Farm, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens...)

People are usually flying in for a long weekend (Thurs-Sun) or Flying out from a long weekend (Fri-Tues).

This has been true for as long as I can remember. My brother and I used to take off Wednesdays during the Summer to drive to King's Dominion (back before I was married), because we didn't have to stand in line for anything! Oh, the joy!

I dont' know of a crowd calendar for Universal, there is a free one for Disney online.

Don't want to hijack, but can I ask if anyone was able to find lower cost tickets for Universal? We haven't been since really only want to do a couple of days there, not a whole week. The cheapest I have found is $139 for 3 days through Costco.

Thanks,

Dawn