Menu

Mystery Music Minute - I am having a blast

I decided to do something fun this semester - I teach Psych at a comm. college - so I instituted the Mystery Music Minute.

I play a song from the 80's and the students are asked to name the song and artist.

Most of the time I have fun singing by myself.

Only one song has been identified thus far - Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus.

Songs they haven't known -

Everybody Have Fun Tonight - Wang Chung

Burning Down the House - Talking Heads

New York Groove - Ace Frehley (okay this one is from the 70's but is so much fun to sing)

Goody Two Shoes- Adam Ant

This is enjoyable!!

I decided to do something fun this semester - I teach Psych at a comm. college - so I instituted the Mystery Music Minute.

I play a song from the 80's and the students are asked to name the song and artist.

Most of the time I have fun singing by myself.

Only one song has been identified thus far - Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus.

Songs they haven't known -

Everybody Have Fun Tonight - Wang Chung

Burning Down the House - Talking Heads

New York Groove - Ace Frehley (okay this one is from the 70's but is so much fun to sing)

Goody Two Shoes- Adam Ant

This is enjoyable!!

My dd sang New York Groove at a homeschool night talent contest. I had no idea she what she was going to sing until she was up there because she kept telling me it was a surprise. It was so funny though because the adults in the audience kept turning back and looking at ME and then afterwards they were coming up to me and saying, "I guess we know what kind of music mom listens to." lol :lol::lol: My dd was like 10 years old at the time.

My dd sang New York Groove at a homeschool night talent contest. I had no idea she what she was going to sing until she was up there because she kept telling me it was a surprise. It was so funny though because the adults in the audience kept turning back and looking at ME and then afterwards they were coming up to me and saying, "I guess we know what kind of music mom listens to." lol :lol::lol: My dd was like 10 years old at the time.

I like your DD!!!!

I have always wanted to lipsync to this song. I picture myself in black boots, a fitted black outfit and a sassy hat strutting across the stage.

"I'm back! Back in the New York groove"

I like your DD!!!!

I have always wanted to lipsync to this song. I picture myself in black boots, a fitted black outfit and a sassy hat strutting across the stage.

"I'm back! Back in the New York groove"

LOL She actually sang it acapella. No music at all. She just got up there and started singing. She sang it just like Ace though with his inflections and accent and everything. lol It was so cute. :)