Menu

Opps, maybe I've over-Zenned.

I'm falling asleep while waiting for dd to finish her vocabulary. Maybe having more Zen in my life isn't all it is cracked up to be. I don't have laundry to do, the house is still clean (downstairs, I'm not touching upstairs until dh can help) there aren't any dishes to wash and I baked today.

The peace, calm and quiet are putting me to sleep.

There is simply no pleasing me.

Ha!

Bring your whirling dervish self to my house and have a go! :)

I am still trying to figure out how to Zen my house while keeping some stuff :) I get a tad panicky when I think about throwing too much away! Even amidst the clutter.

Only keep the stuff you really really love or really really need. For example, very soon dh is going to have to decide exactly how many coffee cups he really needs. He has this collection of cups made from a variety of materials that have either sector logos or agency logos. He kept them in his office when he had an office. In this new building he has a desk in the bullpen. I've got 10-15 coffee cups cluttering up my kitchen.

Only keep the stuff you really really love or really really need. For example, very soon dh is going to have to decide exactly how many coffee cups he really needs. He has this collection of cups made from a variety of materials that have either sector logos or agency logos. He kept them in his office when he had an office. In this new building he has a desk in the bullpen. I've got 10-15 coffee cups cluttering up my kitchen.

OK How about kids, how do I Zen them? They love all their stuff!

I'm falling asleep while waiting for dd to finish her vocabulary. Maybe having more Zen in my life isn't all it is cracked up to be. I don't have laundry to do, the house is still clean (downstairs, I'm not touching upstairs until dh can help) there aren't any dishes to wash and I baked today.

The peace, calm and quiet are putting me to sleep.

There is simply no pleasing me.

:lol::lol::lol: Did you paint your walls too? There is a Japanese Botanical Gardens/Museumy kind of place in the county north of mine (who knew we had a Japanese colony in South Florida??) and it is so beautiful. The natural colors are indeed very soothing. :) I definitely would love to paint my walls some natural soothing color like that too, but the problem I always seem to run into when I'm ready to do it is that my Cuban-ness rears up and I wind up having an overwhelming desire to paint the walls bright red instead. :001_huh:

I think I need to start another spin-off thread... "How to go Zen when you are Cuban?" :D:tongue_smilie: