Menu

How do you store loose worksheets for later?

pahansen

As I've started to buy homeschooling materials for our first year, I've been disappointed to find that a lot of the books with reproducible craft/work pages don't have enough of a margin to use a three-hole punch without losing text/pictures. We have multiple children, and I would like to reuse what I (reasonably and legally) can. I had expected to store the pages in binders, but I don't want to ruin them.

How do you store your worksheets once they're separated from the book? I really don't want to leave the sheets in place and battle the spines of the books every time I need to make a copy!

The only two options I can think of are to use a filing cabinet (which makes me nervous that I'll lose/misfile pages) or to store the pages in a binder inside of page protectors, with multiple pages in each. (That seems expensive.)

Hopefully someone else here has built a better mousetrap than I've come up with!

--Pamela

I just use file folders... I stick the whole stack in a folder (or two) and just pull what I need each week... if you get all the pages in there at once you don't have to worry about losing any. I use a plastic file bin that has the "future" work at the back of the bin in color coded folders for each child. Then in the front of the bin I have one week of colored folders for each child. (each child has a Monday, Tuesday, Wed.... folder). At the beginning of the week I file just that week's worth in the daily folders.

I used to do 6 weeks at a time, but this has worked much better. Especially in "sick" season when I never know when someone will get "behind" because of a sick day or two. Everything is all in one place... it's working well. :D

Hmm... I hadn't thought of the plastic file bins. I think that would make me happier than adding it to the file cabinets we already have. The idea of things slipping out and ending up at the bottom... <shudder>

Plus that way I could put one or two grades or subjects into each bin and keep things separate. (And store those not in use in the basement!)

Thanks!

--Pamela

store the pages in a binder inside of page protectors, with multiple pages in each. (That seems expensive.)

I do this. I can store quite a few pages in a single sheet protector, especially if the pages are slightly narrower than 8.5" wide. I also have some a sheet protectors that are designed to hold 25+ pages.

I hadn't thought of the accordion folders -- then I wouldn't worry about them falling out.

I'll check outside margins,too, because I had never thought of punching the other side. (Can you tell I'm not a big "think outside the box" person?)

And I had no idea that you could get page protectors that held a volume of pages!

Lots of good ideas! Thanks! I think I'll start considering where I can best store them (long term) and work from there.

--Pamela

Another option is when avail, I buy ebook versions. Scholastic just had a sale with many ebooks with reproducibles for $1. That way I just store them on my computer (backed up, of course) and print them as needed.

For non-ebooks I scan the reproducibles into a PDF and store that on my computer as well. Print as needed.

Another option is when avail, I buy ebook versions. Scholastic just had a sale with many ebooks with reproducibles for $1. That way I just store them on my computer (backed up, of course) and print them as needed.

For non-ebooks I scan the reproducibles into a PDF and store that on my computer as well. Print as needed.

I love ebooks, too! So far only a few of the things I will be using next year are available that way, but I keep hoping more will be on ebooks as time goes on. No paper to store either!

I thought about scanning, but right now our scanner interface is annoying and we can only do one page at a time. I think I would go crazy! DH has thought about getting a scanner that can scan multiple pages (I guess it works sort of like a fax), but until then I'll just deal with the paper! ;)

--Pamela