Menu

FYI: Great Backyard Bird Count 2/18-2/21

That looks neat! Now what if there are SO MANY that you can't count them?!?!? There is one type of bird... maybe a starling? I don't know. It's blackish/brownish and flies in huge groups. Seriously, there are probably hundreds in my yard at one time. I couldn't possibly count them!

We'd enjoy counting the blue jays though. And that silly cardinal that keeps tapping on our windows. :glare:

And that silly cardinal that keeps tapping on our windows. :glare:

Haha, we had a cardinal that spent about 3 hours every day attacking all the windows in our house for 2 years. We named him Eduardo. It was so bad that one of the neighbors even told us that there was a bird attacking our house. They noticed when they drove by. He used to be my alarm clock.

Haha, we had a cardinal that spent about 3 hours every day attacking all the windows in our house for 2 years. We named him Eduardo. It was so bad that one of the neighbors even told us that there was a bird attacking our house. They noticed when they drove by. He used to be my alarm clock.

This is our second year of this, I think. It's crazy! He'll go around pecking at all the windows (and I don't think it's reflection issue... the windows are so dirty that you couldn't see anything in them). He's certainly a good alarm clock. :tongue_smilie:

We had a robin that did this too all last summer, only it was our front door. Every morning he would knock loudly on the door. We would go check to see who it was, then he would poop on the railing and leave. It kind of creeped us out. :001_unsure:

Edited by Swirl

• 2 weeks later...