Menu

Want to share: how SWB helps me exercise!

I put SWB's audio lectures on my ipod and I walk at least a mile or more every evening when dh gets home.

She's so interesting that I find myself wanting to make another loop of where I walk so that I can hear the rest of what she's saying.

I used to think I needed music to work out and then found it too blaring after a long day w/ the kids. These walk/talks are great!!

I'm also listening to Jesse Wise talk at the beginning of First Language Lessons video (the kids don't really want to hear it) and the Ordinary Parent's Guide.

I've also put books on taps on the ipod for the day that I've heard SWB too many times. Someone on here said that The Help is awesome on audio.

I also put on Victor Frankl's Man's Search for Ultimate Meaning. I read it years ago. He's a Nazi concentration camp survivor and it's fascinating to hear how he survived.

Anyway, I hate, hate, hate exercising normally and this has really worked for me. Just wanted to share!

Alley

I put SWB's audio lectures on my ipod and I walk at least a mile or more every evening when dh gets home.

She's so interesting that I find myself wanting to make another loop of where I walk so that I can hear the rest of what she's saying.

I used to think I needed music to work out and then found it too blaring after a long day w/ the kids. These walk/talks are great!!

I'm also listening to Jesse Wise talk at the beginning of First Language Lessons video (the kids don't really want to hear it) and the Ordinary Parent's Guide.

I've also put books on taps on the ipod for the day that I've heard SWB too many times. Someone on here said that The Help is awesome on audio.

I also put on Victor Frankl's Man's Search for Ultimate Meaning. I read it years ago. He's a Nazi concentration camp survivor and it's fascinating to hear how he survived.

Anyway, I hate, hate, hate exercising normally and this has really worked for me. Just wanted to share!

Alley

OOooohhh! This has possibilities ! (After you get her lectures all memorized, remember The Teaching Company offers audio lectures also).

I bought a surf shelf for my treadmill, but it seems kind of dangerous as I can't reach the controls. I did rig it up so I can get to the stop and the pause button, but I still can't SEE what I'm doing.