Menu

2 year olds . . . (sigh)

Please share your tips for keeping clothing on a 2 yo (barring duct tape--DCFS probably would frown on that).

This child is perpetually screaming because an arm is stuck straight up through the neck hole next to his head, "Help! I'm stuck!!! AHHHHHHHHH, ahhhhhhhh, AHHHHHHHHH, AaAaAaAhHhHhHhHhHh! Mama, mama, MAMA, maMA I'm stuck."

Mt. Laundry has grown to alpine heights. I've gotta wash them because of all the boogers and tear crustys.

At least he's changing his pull-ups independently. Just look before you sit. There usually is a poopy streak mark on the seat.

I don't remember my previous walks through the dessert of 2 year old ness being so emotional.

First of all: :smilielol5:

Sorry, couldn't help it!

Have you tried body suits with snap bottoms and/or overalls? Any chance you could let him run nudie around the house?

yes, he's in the buff at the moment. unless you consider the shirt he's wearing like a necklace being dressed.

It's 55 degress in this house--brrrr! And he's got a runny nose. I hate booger bubbles.

yes, he's in the buff at the moment. unless you consider the shirt he's wearing like a necklace being dressed.

It's 55 degress in this house--brrrr! And he's got a runny nose. I hate booger bubbles.

Awwe! What about those footie pj's that zip all the way up. They are very warm and not easy to escape.

it's cold because the olders forget to shut the door and they're in, they're out, nope they're in again but the door is still hanging wide open.

Awwe! What about those footie pj's that zip all the way up. They are very warm and not easy to escape.

big sisters tried that the other night. He was frantic and just about hyper-ventilated trying to get out of them.

Maybe he's got some sensory stuff with clothing. He loves his big brother's roomy fitting clothing, huh, I never thought of that before.

boy were they stubborn! i've finally gotten it into their pointy little heads that underwear is not optional and that you have to have on more than underwear if you want to go out the front door. (they're 6 btw)

if he likes big roomy clothes, i'd be happy with the pull-ups and a big t-shirt! :tongue_smilie:

:lol:

This brings back memories...my not yet 2yo dd stripping clothes off in Kmart and throwing them on the floor (I literally turned my head for 10 sec.)...the same dd about a year later, sitting in her car seat going "Momma, my butt stickin' to seat," yep, no undies on under her summer dress and we were almost to the library :D

At about 4, she finally got the idea of a shirt and panties and bathing "soups." That lasted for at least a year. Now at 7 she actually stays clothed.

My older dd had sensory issues and the younger one didn't present like it was a sensory issue. She just loves it in the buff :tongue_smilie:

There is hope!

Please share your tips for keeping clothing on a 2 yo (barring duct tape--DCFS probably would frown on that).

This child is perpetually screaming because an arm is stuck straight up through the neck hole next to his head, "Help! I'm stuck!!! AHHHHHHHHH, ahhhhhhhh, AHHHHHHHHH, AaAaAaAhHhHhHhHhHh! Mama, mama, MAMA, maMA I'm stuck."

Mt. Laundry has grown to alpine heights. I've gotta wash them because of all the boogers and tear crustys.

At least he's changing his pull-ups independently. Just look before you sit. There usually is a poopy streak mark on the seat.

I don't remember my previous walks through the dessert of 2 year old ness being so emotional.

He's sleeping in his pull-up and tennis shoes--with his hinder in the air. I know I put him to bed in pyjamas. :001_huh:

My now 6yr old did the same thing. We'd be in the middle of church, and he'd just start stripping! I don't think he had anything sensory against clothing, he just liked to be naked. People still tell stories about that.

So..... I gave up and let him be naked unless we were around other people. Some battles were just not worth fighting. Now he keeps his clothes on - mostly:glare:

On the plus side, we got some verrrry interesting pictures to frame when he starts dating:D