Menu

AP Test homeschool code

Collegeboard.com says to bring: Your school code. (If you are a homeschooled student, you will be given a code at the time of the exam.)

Hmm, should I expect the public school where ds will be taking the test to supply this code? Is there one code for all homeschool students, like the SAT? I can't seem to find it online.

Here's a follow-up question-- the information from the school where ds is signed up to take an AP test says to bring your "AP Student Pack" if you are not a student at the school where the test is given. I've got a call in to the school, but does anyone here know what this refers to? Thanks!

My kids have taken AP tests at two schools. The private school has been wonderfully helpful and has bothered to find out the homeschool code for my kids.

The public school where my kids have tested has NOT known the AP test code. I would make certain that your child knows the # before he goes into the exam. If the school does not bother to provide it, not knowing it could create a LOT of confusion.

I just called the AP folks this morning to verify the test code for our state!

The AP student pack is given to students at their first AP exam for the year. It includes all of the codes that the students will use on ALL of their tests. Your child needs to use the same codes on ALL of the tests he takes, so he needs to briing the AP pack back to the school if he is taking multiple AP exams.

My son is taking AP exams at two different schools this year, at school A and then school B for the second and then back to A for the third. He needs to bring his pack with him from the first exam to the second exam and then to the third; he cannot just use another pack provided by the school.

"The AP student pack is given to students at their first AP exam for the year. It includes all of the codes that the students will use on ALL of their tests. Your child needs to use the same codes on ALL of the tests he takes, so he needs to briing the AP pack back to the school if he is taking multiple AP exams.

My son is taking AP exams at two different schools this year, at school A and then school B for the second and then back to A for the third. He needs to bring his pack with him from the first exam to the second exam and then to the third; he cannot just use another pack provided by the school."

Thanks, Gwen! So it sounds like my ds will be given the AP Student Pack when he takes his first exam, so we don't have to worry about it. He will bring his School Code number, and photo ID. Since he is only taking one test this year, I guess he won't need the AP Student Pack more than that day...

Thanks again for helping!

My dds have taken AP exams for the past 3 years. The homeschool code to be used for AP purposes is the *same* one that is used for PSAT testing. They differ by state.

Here is the complete list.

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/psat/reg/homeschool/state-codes.html

Editing to say that the AP coordinator at the public school where my dds test always does have the homeschool code but I expect that that isn't the norm. He is very thorough and takes good care of the homeschool students that test there.

• 3 years later...
Is the state PSAT code still used as the AP test code for homeschoolers?

Thanks.

I don't think so. However, last year they had a homeschool code as well as some kind of code for PA Homeschoolers if I remember. I may have to look through my files. He had some kind of number that he had to write down that he was going to use if he took more than one exam, but that may have been his personal number...

I don't think so. However, last year they had a homeschool code as well as some kind of code for PA Homeschoolers if I remember. I may have to look through my files. He had some kind of number that he had to write down that he was going to use if he took more than one exam, but that may have been his personal number...

Last year the PSAT and AP codes were the same ***except for CA & FL***! Weird, huh? CA was 990598, whereas the PSAT code is 990599. Same change for Florida (last digit 8, not 9). Who knows what it will be this year? It's best to check with College Board (website or call) or ask here as it gets closer to May.

And yes, PA Homeschoolers gave us their code (028) for the "online provider" box (Box H?) on the AP form. (That was last year.)

And, there's the personal number (6- or 8-digit?) for each student that has to be the same if he or she is taking more than one AP test that year.

It's complicated ... I was so excited when I figured it out last year! :001_smile: