Menu

Strange behavior in dd(9)....help me understand this!

When ever dd is asked to do something she doesn't want to, or is told she can't do something she wants too....her body does a little spasm.

Like when you have to stretch, the pulling in before you stretch. Or she will arch and bend her legs, or roll her neck a bit. She will actually say, "Ow ow."

I used to think this was just a physiological habit. Almost a mini fit, without throwing the fit, but I am starting to wonder...

She complains of body aches a lot. She is long and lanky in her build.

Any ideas?

When ever dd is asked to do something she doesn't want to, or is told she can't do something she wants too....her body does a little spasm.

Like when you have to stretch, the pulling in before you stretch. Or she will arch and bend her legs, or roll her neck a bit. She will actually say, "Ow ow."

I used to think this was just a physiological habit. Almost a mini fit, without throwing the fit, but I am starting to wonder...

She complains of body aches a lot. She is long and lanky in her build.

Any ideas?

my dd9 does this. It is only in response to being told NO! Or having to do something she finds distasteful

I think it is a way of throwing a fit without throwing a fit if you know what I mean. This is my compliant child, so I think she's just registering her displeasure with body language.

Edited by fairfarmhand

I've addressed this with my compliant child as well. It's her way of not quite being able to contain her annoyance...a little jump if you will before she regains herself :)

It got to be more frequent about 6 months ago and we had a talk about it, why she does it, etc. Since it's something she does almost before thinking I know she cannot completely control it, but it has lessened since then. I think just talking about 'just because I said no, or you didn't get to do x,y,z, doesn't mean you need to immediately get angry or sour...there are reasons, yadda yadda'.

It's funny hearing others have the same quirks!