Menu

Portlandia...

We really enjoyed the show. On my side of town it's fairly moderate, but there are definitely areas that are as Portland as the show describes. What, you don't have your own bongo drum, and you buy non-vegan marshmallows? I went to a doula class and I was the ONLY one with a Nalgene bottle - everyone else had either stainless stell or a glass mason jar. True story. Now I'm meeting a lot of unschoolers who eat strictly paleo ... it's "in" to be radical around here.

it's "in" to be radical around here.

But, you know, once everyone has the mason jar, it's no longer radical or interesting at all and they'll have to find something new. I've decided around here if you want to be truly radical -- you just need to put on a pair of panty hose and carry a briefcase, or have your kids wear a Barbie backpack, or claim to be a republican, or be seen eating a twinkie. Only then can you be a true radical.

I dare you!

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh, you get it! It's hard enough to tell fellow homeschoolers that my oldest is in PS and I'm planning to put my youngest in preschool (after they just announced that they homeschool because they actually LIKE being around their kids!). I can just imagine showing up to book club in a Palin sweatshirt with a big gulp. :tongue_smilie: