Menu

Can you suggest some good movies for my 9yo girl?

I should have added this to my book thread but I forgot at the time.

I'm also looking for some good movie suggestions for a 9yo girl. She's starting to outgrow the Barbie movies and cartoon-y stuff although she still enjoys a good Looney Toons cartoon. ;)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I agree about all the American Girl movies. Mine also loves all the animation ones like Despicable Me and the like. She LOVED Sorcerers Apprentice, Narnia movies, Indiana Jones (not the 2nd one), Night at the Museum, anything with kids in it like Game Plan, Race to Witch Mountain, Freaky Friday. She also likes the Princess Diaries ones, Ella Enchanted, the other Enchanted, Princess Bride. All those silly dog movies like Space Buddies. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Nanny McPhee, 5 Children and It, The Waterhorse, My Dog Skip, Charlotte's Web. The list is endless.

Mine also loves old movies like Sound of Music, Little Women (we prefer the Winona Ryder version) and she's very into stuff like Emma, Pride and Prejudice, Wives and Daughters, and on TV Larkrise to Candleford.

My dd(7) loved Nim's Island. Of course, the Air Buddies movies, Beethoven(the dog), Full House(I am fine with mine watching this but maybe not everyone would agree), Escape to Witch Mountain, The Game Plan. Please look these over because I am not too strict. If it is G or PG, I let mine watch it. She has much older siblings(21 and 17) so I am a little more laid back with her.