Menu

s/o couponing. Is there a blog that talks about deals at Whole Foods?

I prefer to buy my meat at Whole Foods when I can. I just buy what is on sale, or at a decent price, and I would love to be able to find out what is on sale before I get there. That way I can meal plan before shopping. The nearest Whole Foods is 30 minutes away so I can't just wander by another time to check it out.

DO you HAVE to go to Whole Paycheck? (Even my super rich friends call it that.)

Harmon Beauty has most of the natural brands of shampoos and such and they also take Bed Bath and Beyond coupons so you can get 20% off that stuff right off the bat.

And, where I live, we have all kinds of free range/organic options. If you go to your regular store and ask, they'll have to be competitive with WF and perhaps you can get better deals?

Harmon Beauty has most of the natural brands of shampoos and such and they also take Bed Bath and Beyond coupons so you can get 20% off that stuff right off the bat.

And, where I live, we have all kinds of free range/organic options. If you go to your regular store and ask, they'll have to be competitive with WF and perhaps you can get better deals?

You are lucky to have more options. We have limited options in our grocery stores, and have to drive 45 minutes to get to Whole Foods.

The local grocery store does carry some grass fed ground beef, at $1 more per pound, from the exact same farm as the meat at Whole Foods. They don't carry any of the other cuts though. And no natural pork or other meats other than insanely expensive chicken. I do get my eggs and butter from a small, local health food store. The eggs are from a local farm and the butter is imported from an Amish farm in PA. I also buy my steel cut oats, wheat berries, honey, and beans from them. I now buy milk (we don't use much at all) from a woman 30 minutes away, the other direction, but can't do that all the time. Whole foods is the only other place I can buy non homogenized, low temp pasturized milk. Mainly though the issue is the meat. I was vegetarian for 10 years, an although I eat meat now, and do much better if I get a decent amount of animal protein in my diet, I refuse to buy conventionally raised meat. Which means trekking to whole foods as far as I can tell. At some point we will get a freezer and be able to stock up more.