Menu

Any other football people care to comment about the Packers and The Big Hair?

I caught the last 5 minutes of The Game tonight and what struck me the most was the monster wads of hair protruding from beneath the helmets. Primarily on the Packers team.

What's that?

We were watching the post-game interviews and Aaron Rogers was wearing a stocking cap with a suit. I tried to defend, suggesting to dh that he had Helmet Head, but...

I'm not a football gal. Is it just us? Or are all the other teams hairily endowed? I wonder if our team is just prepping for the winter, or if they really thing it's good looking.

Thoughts? Input?

Edited by LauraGB

It's all Tom Brady's fault. :D

I suppose it's cold in New England,too. :D

Honestly, I thought there was a rule that the hair on the players wasn't supposed to exceed what the helmet could hold. Maybe that was just GB? (Or, maybe it was all in my head - I really don't know) I don't mind hair, I was just surprised by the amount of it on the field tonight.

I suppose it's cold in New England,too. :D

I think it's more the Giselle effect than for the cold. lol Ever since he got married to Giselle Bundchen his look started to change. I wonder if the other players think if they let their hair grow long they'll get a supermodel too. :D For me, I'm just counting down the days until football season is over and I can have my husband back. :tongue_smilie:

It's a trend thing. Started a few years ago with guys like Polamalu... the one in the Head & Shoulders commercials who has the hair that's almost beyond belief. Now it's just common. There are some players who will say that it's an ethnic thing and some, like Tom Brady, who are just trying to be trendy (I think Giselle missed the boat on this one because I'm not digging Brady's long locks). Either way, long hair is considered part of the uniform and they actually CAN use it to yank a guy down... it's just not done often. Oh, and you're totally right about the Packers having the most long-haired players ;)

I'm a bit of a football nut ;)

I can't speak to the intentions of any of the other players, but Seahawks punter Jon Ryan is growing his hair to donate it to Locks of Love.
That is awesome! :)

It's a trend thing. Started a few years ago with guys like Polamalu... the one in the Head & Shoulders commercials who has the hair that's almost beyond belief. Now it's just common. There are some players who will say that it's an ethnic thing and some, like Tom Brady, who are just trying to be trendy (I think Giselle missed the boat on this one because I'm not digging Brady's long locks). Either way, long hair is considered part of the uniform and they actually CAN use it to yank a guy down... it's just not done often. Oh, and you're totally right about the Packers having the most long-haired players ;)

I'm a bit of a football nut ;)

LOL I saw a game once where a player wound up grabbing his opponent's hair. Can't remember if it was intentional or accidental now, but I just remember it was a weave and it came off in the guy's hand. He looked down at the long braid in his hand and kind of freaked out. :lol: