Menu

running shoes, specifically New Balance Made in USA line

I have worn asics for years.

I've decided I need to look at more products made in USA, so I'm wondering about the New Balance lines which qualify for Made in USA labeling. I know they supply the military. That's all I know. Anyone have experience with them. Do they run small or narrow (like Nike). Anyone feel they didn't give good support or the shoe fell apart.

Part of me thinks I'm a little silly for wanting the Made in USA stamp and part of me wants to see more of it.

I have worn asics for years.

I've decided I need to look at more products made in USA, so I'm wondering about the New Balance lines which qualify for Made in USA labeling. I know they supply the military. That's all I know. Anyone have experience with them. Do they run small or narrow (like Nike). Anyone feel they didn't give good support or the shoe fell apart.

Part of me thinks I'm a little silly for wanting the Made in USA stamp and part of me wants to see more of it.

NB are made in the USA of foreign components, just to clarify. I always have two pair of shoes going at once. Very often both are New Balance. Currently one is NB and one is Brooks. I have to accept the fact, if I run, that all my shoes may not reflect all my values, but I feel comfortable supporting both these particular companies. Ultimately, though, you need a shoe that works for you. Go to a good local running shop and see what you think.:)

I have always believed that you find the shoe that works best for your step. I use Brooks because I overpronate - I really like its stability. They used to be made in the USA -not sure if they are anymore. Anyway, being a victim of foot and back issues I have to go with how its made not where its made, unfortunately.

NB are made in the USA of foreign components, just to clarify. I always have two pair of shoes going at once. Very often both are New Balance. Currently one is NB and one is Brooks. I have to accept the fact, if I run, that all my shoes may not reflect all my values, but I feel comfortable supporting both these particular companies. Ultimately, though, you need a shoe that works for you. Go to a good local running shop and see what you think.:)

I think you are refering to "assembled in USA", there are specific requirements for the "Made in USA" label and requirements for "assembled in USA". There are not that many New Balance shoes that qualify for "made in USA" labeling and I don't believe any other athletic shoe brand qualifies at all. I do have to go to a running shoe store, I noticed the outlet doesn't have any of the Made in USA line, I would guess generally sporting goods stores don't either. I just wanted your opinions of the brand.

I think you are refering to "assembled in USA", there are specific requirements for the "Made in USA" label and requirements for "assembled in USA". There are not that many New Balance shoes that qualify for "made in USA" labeling and I don't believe any other athletic shoe brand qualifies at all.

Yes, basically.
I just wanted your opinions of the brand.
Well, I like the brand, as I said.:)