Menu

R&S Spelling

parias1126

I am just wondering if anyone else thinks it is a year behind? I ordered 2nd grade for my DD last week and she is just flying through. I have always thought she has a bit of trouble spelling, but with R&S, she was able to skip the first 13 lessons and started with Lesson 14 last week. I gave her a spelling test on all the words from the first review lesson and she got 100%. She loves loves loves it and doesn't want to put it down which is wonderful because she has always hated to have to spell anything, but I am really just wondering.

I don't have any experience w/it past 4th grade, but I thought it was too. My 3rd grader hasn't had any spelling before this year, and started just fine in the 4th grade. She likes it too, but the words and work are still easy for her. I do like the phonics reinforcement.

That being said, I will be starting my 2nd grader next year in it at grade level. She isn't as advanced as my ODD. I like having a gentle approach with her. If I need to move her up later and skip the 3rd grade or something I will do it then.

I'm starting my first grader in the second grade book. It looks like it will probably be pretty easy for him at least in the beginning, but their stuff usually starts out light in the early grades since they're meant for kids that started school in first grade. I won't be surprised if it ramps up somewhere, and if we need to, we can slow down at that point.